After hardware updated OS drive not bootable.

ktaylor

Cadet
I had to replace all of my hardware except drives and it only boots the BIOS UEFI. It recognizes the system drive, an SSD, but it does not recognize that its bootable. I think the version is FreeNAS 11.3, it was updated in the last 2 months before the HW changes. It seems like the only problem is that I need to get the BIOS to boot the drive. I am not using recommended HW. This was a re-purposed PC, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (its what I could get) AMD Ryzen 9 2900X. ECC memory didn't work despite ASUS saying it would so regular DDR4 2400 for now. Any help is appreciated.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Do you have a saved config? You'll need to reinstall and import your config and pool. In all likelihood, the old install booted via legacy BIOS, which is a different kernel from what's needed for UEFI.

ktaylor

Cadet
Do you have a saved config? You'll need to reinstall and import your config and pool. In all likelihood, the old install booted via legacy BIOS, which is a different kernel from what's needed for UEFI.
I may have lost the config backup. Do you know the file extension for that? Otherwise I might have to ressurrect the old HW to get that config. But I think you are right, the old mobo was also ASUS but it was 10 years old.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
The config should be a TAR file.