AFP/time machine keeps dropping out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdd

Cadet
Ok I have a recently fresh installed freenas 8.2.0 nas box running on an old Dell Optiplex 740 (AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 6GB RAM) with 3x 1TB hdds, and the OS installed on a 4GB USB drive.

I've setup the drives in a RAIDZ1 array, and then setup two Datasets, each roughly 1tb each. I've then shared one with the time machine option, and the other is just a regular afp share.

Now I don't know if its a compatibility issue with Mountain Lion or just something wrong on the freenas box. But every 10mins or so (I haven't timed it but it doesn't take long) the freenas box disappears from the list on my Mac finder sidebar, or sometimes its there but if you click on it you can't access the server. The only way I've found to get it working again is to jump on the web interface for the freenas box and turn the afp service off then on again, then it'll work again for a short while before doing the same thing... I've been trying to get my backup done using time machine, but as it keeps dropping out I'm not getting far...

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.