AFP shares not working after upgrade to 11.3-STABLE

soupdiver23

Cadet
I just upgraded my FreeNAS to 11.3-STABLE and now my AFP shares aren't working anymore.
I restarted the NAS syste, and also AFP sharing service. No effect.

Tried from two different macOS computers, same behavior from both.
The machine "freenas" shows up "Locations" in Finder but when I click "Connect As" it just keeps saying "Not connected.
When I try to "Connect to Server" from Finder and enter "afp://user@freenas", it immediately fails without any error. For 0.01s of a second I can see that little circle when it tries to connect but it immediately stops.

Has anything changed regarding AFP? I'm happy to provide more info/logs if you let me know which ones are of interest.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I just upgraded my FreeNAS to 11.3-STABLE and now my AFP shares aren't working anymore.
I restarted the NAS syste, and also AFP sharing service. No effect.

Tried from two different macOS computers, same behavior from both.
The machine "freenas" shows up "Locations" in Finder but when I click "Connect As" it just keeps saying "Not connected.
When I try to "Connect to Server" from Finder and enter "afp://user@freenas", it immediately fails without any error. For 0.01s of a second I can see that little circle when it tries to connect but it immediately stops.

Has anything changed regarding AFP? I'm happy to provide more info/logs if you let me know which ones are of interest.
Nothing really changed on the AFP side. Can you connect by IP address?

soupdiver23

Cadet
Seems this was a Finder related issue. Mounting from CLI worked and after properly rebooting everything Finder is also able to connect again.
False alarm :D