AFP Shares always shares same as CIFs share

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordito4u

Dabbler
I am running AFP and CIFs on my freenas. The cifs data set and afp data set are under the same main volume called Data0. Each share just points to a different part of that volume. /mnt/Data0/TM for AFP (timemachine) and /mnt/Data0/cifs points to my CIFS share. This use to work well but now no matter what both CIFs and AFP shares both are only sharing the CIFs folders. Is there a cli command I can run to see why the links are broken and doing what the GUI says?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That is mighty weird. Definitely tell us more about your hardware and FreeNAS version.

Also, are /mnt/Data0/TM and /mnt/Data0/cifs folders or datasets?

gordito4u

Dabbler
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201511040813 is my build and I am running the same system board that the freenas turn key server uses. ASRock C2750D4I. I noticed really strange performance issues running AFP and CIFS on the same IP so I created an alias for the CIF service. This IP was lower than the default IP that AFP was using. I think this might be what was causing the issue. I made the IP address higher on the CIFS side and it seems to be working again.

gordito4u

Dabbler
I spoke too soon. It keeps occurring. I can reboot the freenas and it will work for a few hours then it looses its mind and just starts sharing out the CIFs share.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I created an alias for the CIF service. This IP was lower than the default IP that AFP was using
What did you do? Don't do this, you need to use the same ip.

gordito4u

Dabbler
Actually it doesn't work with the same IP either. I will change it back to see.

gordito4u

Dabbler
Exactly the same issue except it just always show the CIFs share. The AFP doesn't even work temporarily.

gordito4u

Dabbler
Seeing this in the logs.
Nov 9 21:33:17 freenas cnid_dbd[38132]: error opening DB environment: BDB0087 DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
Nov 9 21:33:17 freenas cnid_dbd[38132]: Failed to open CNID database for volume "TM"
Nov 9 21:33:17 freenas cnid_dbd[38132]: Recreated CNID BerkeleyDB databases of volume "TM"

Status
Not open for further replies.