Status
Not open for further replies.

mingo

Cadet
Is this possible?

Work flow (going forward) would go something like this:
Joe gets hired.
I make Joe an LDAP account.
freeNAS sees new LDAP account and makes AFP/CIFS/NFS shares owned by Joe.

Is it also possible for freeNAS to do step 3 for the other 65 employees that already exist?

Is this clear enough? Basically give every member of LDAP a AFP/CIFS/NFS directory with N amount of storage. Of course I could do this manually, but who the hell would want to do that!

tekkitan

Cadet
Were you ever able to figure out how to do this? Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I need this solution myself!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There is no way, as part of FreeNAS, to do this. You could obviously have a script that compares usernames in the domain to folder names and create ones that are missing. Have it run every 30 minutes or something so it is somewhat up-to-date.

But without writing the script yourself, no, there is no way to do this.

tekkitan

Cadet
There is no way, as part of FreeNAS, to do this. You could obviously have a script that compares usernames in the domain to folder names and create ones that are missing. Have it run every 30 minutes or something so it is somewhat up-to-date.

But without writing the script yourself, no, there is no way to do this.
That was what I expected. Thanks for the quick reply.

Matt Funk

Dabbler
If I copy a volume from a Windows server that has all user Documents redirected to it will the permissions translate? I would be using Robocopy with the switch to copy all including security.

Status
Not open for further replies.