Adding New Jails in 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamegami

Cadet
I had previously formatted a usb stick with UFS and installed several plugins on that. I recently upgraded to 9.3 and want to install some more plugins. I am out of space in my current jail so I was planning on formatting and installing plugins on a new usb stick. However it appears that you can no longer format and import UFS drives. What would I do to import a drive to use for my jail?

I currently plan to install SickRage or Sonarr, SABnzdb+, Mylar, Transmission, a MySQL XBMC library, and potentially Plex if my NAS can handle it. Would 16GB of space be sufficient or should I get something bigger?

Could I run Plex on my system. I have 8gigs of ram (6 Gigs currently Wired) AMD A4-53000 with onboard Radeon Graphics in a 10TB 5 disk disk ZFS array. Could it handle it?

My next question is, how would I update to the latest jail templates? I currently have VirtualBox-4.3.12.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I think 8gb would fit all those, expect possible plex (if its storing a huge meta-data collection).
there's no point even mentioning ufs anymore, format the usb drive as a separate zpool, make sure to make the swap setting 0 before you create the zpool on the usb stick.

things might run stupid slow, your best bet would be do everything on your 10TB zpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.