Add iSCSI as storage for jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billiam

Cadet
Hello, is it possible to add an iSCSI extent as storage for a jail? I'm running qbittorrent and I'd like to have my files downloaded to the iSCSI extent so I can pull the files from my other computer easier. If this isn't possible, what alternatives are there?

Unrelated, I had an old extent(600 GB) that I deleted, but the volume it was on still shows that 600GBs is being used. How can I reclaim this space?

D

dlavigne

Hello, is it possible to add an iSCSI extent as storage for a jail? I'm running qbittorrent and I'd like to have my files downloaded to the iSCSI extent so I can pull the files from my other computer easier. If this isn't possible, what alternatives are there?

Have you tried this yet to see if it is possible? If you do and it blows up, please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. If you try it and it works, please update this post so others know the answer.

Unrelated, I had an old extent(600 GB) that I deleted, but the volume it was on still shows that 600GBs is being used. How can I reclaim this space?

Which version of FreeNAS? Do you have any snapshots?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
How would you be able to use an iSCSI extent in 2 places? How is this idea not harder than just sharing out the same directory that the stuff is being downloaded to?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Not to mention that if you were doing it with iSCSI, the filesystem would be UFS or ZFS probably, and neither are cluster-aware...

rm-r

Contributor
i just set up both jails to view the same dataset as a mount point each

Status
Not open for further replies.