AD Groups not populating or auto-completing WebGUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAkai

Dabbler
Hello

I have a FreeNAS 9.2.1.5 (upgrading soon) and we have AD auth and permissions working pretty well.

My problem is I want to set a group override on an NFS share and contrary to what I understood from the docs, the domain groups don't show up as choices in the Mapgroup configuation in the WebUI. It also says that it will autocomplete, which it does not.

"wbinfo -g" returns a complete list of groups (in DOMAIN\GroupName format) and the group in question has a unix ID in the LDAP (and unix extensions are set). Interestingly "getent group" only returns local groups.

"id DOMAIN\User" returns the proper group with a unix GID as well:
DOMAIN\username) gid=1039(DOMAIN\public) groups=1039(DOMAIN\public),1034(DOMAIN\editorial), etc...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-S

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Are these groups older than 24 hours old? If not, rebuilding the AD/LDAP cache should fix it. Is yes, it sounds like a bug. If you create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org, post the issue number here.

MrAkai

Dabbler
These are AD groups that pre-exist the Freenas installation.

I found issue https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/4650 but that was against 9.2.1.2 and 9.2.1.3, should I attempt to install the SHAR fix file to my 9.2.1.5 installation?

If not, I'll go ahead and open a new ticket.

Thanks
-S

D

dlavigne

Yes, try the shar fix. No sense opening a new ticket at that ticket indicates that the fix is for 9.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.