AD Connection + CIFS + FTP access rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

neosk

Cadet
Hello all,

As because I wasn't able to find any help by search, trying to ask directly.
I am quite new to FreeNAS (using 8.0.4), but know myself around in the shell +-;

First: I have a DC with Exchange (atm Win 2003; will be updated to SBS 2011 evtly); This acts as my main User repository, which would I love to use with FreeNAS aswell.
Now, the users are somehow distributed in different usergroups and these groups should have different read/write access rights
Additionaly, there are some users who should only have the access to specific FTP folders with r/w access (which I would like to only store locally on FreeNAS); but these same FTP folders should be accessible for r/w through CIFS to other users.

The biggest problem I face now is the user/group access rights settings.

Also, I am not entirely sure I've made my setup of volumes right (I have created a volume from 3 drives (2T+2T+500G) into one big bunch - they're in ESXi 5 and the ESX datastore already sits on Raid6; On this Volume I've created datasets which should act as folders with different access rights exported with CIFS; one of them should be the FTP dataset accessible through CIFS+FTP)

Now, the problem is - either the FTP user can write, or the CIFS/AD user can write. Both not - why? and how can I make it work?

Also, yesterday it happened that my "internal" windows network drive logon session expired (probably) and I could not reconnect to FreeNAS via CIFS at all(!). Log on the server said something about samba panic and winbind exited with error -6.

Thanks a lot for your insights

Status
Not open for further replies.