AD auth seems to have stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisT

Patron
Just began having these problems in the last few days. Everything has been working fine for months now. Not around to troubleshoot locally, but any time you try to connect it asks for username/password but even then won't connect. I've rebooted all the dc's and freenas, toggled ad/cifs services on /off on freenas and rebuilt ldap cache. Says domain was successfully joined.

Any idea what could be going on here?

mr_mike_m

Dabbler
check "wbinfo -p", that's a "ping" to see if the WinBind service is running. Mine doesn't seem to start up properly on a reboot, and I'm forced to start winbind manually, then AD works.

TravisT

Patron
Yea, that failed. Why all of a sudden would that stop working?

Going to research how to manually start this, as I'm not very good with *nix.

TravisT

Patron
I got the winbind service to start by stopping and starting the active directory in the services tab. It seemed to fix the problem, but shortly after I couldn't connect to the shares again.

Now when I restart the service, it says winbindd starts successfully, but I still can't access the share via name. If I attempt to browse by IP, I am able to access shares. DNS appears to be working correctly on the domain - I can access the web GUI by name and can ping the freenas server by name as well.

Again, this is a sudden problem after it's been working for almost 4 months without a single hiccup.

Status
Not open for further replies.