Active Directory has failed again

EdW

Cadet
Please help me wipe out all of these settings in the Directory services tab.

I hate to say this but the AD module in TrueNAS Scale really stinks. I wish there is a way to wipe all AD settings and start over. I have tried to set the WORKGROUP in Network to WORKGROUP and restart. I go back into Directory services and everything is still there. I haven't changed my administrator password in Windows AD? I am at a loss at this point on how to reset directory services? Why in heck doesn't TrueNAS have a clear all settings instead of a complete reinstall of TrueNAS Scale? I am almost positive that if I reinstall everything will come back correctly but this is more than frustrating.

I hope someone can help me get my AD cleared and back. Just baffling and frustrating to incorporate AD in this product. When it works it works but when it doesn't it really doesn't.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Why in heck doesn't TrueNAS have a clear all settings instead of a complete reinstall of TrueNAS Scale?
It does:

System Setting | General. then select "Reset to Defaults".

1690536055695.png

Looks to me like the "Leave Domain" option mentioned here https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scaleuireference/credentials/directoryservices/activedirectory/ might be what you want?

Reactions: EdW

EdW

Cadet
Thank you for your reply. I don't see a Leave Domain button in either the basic or advanced configuration options. I also should have mentioned that the problem I am facing is that the Kerberos Principal name is still there and cannot blank it out. This is the spot that is keeping me from doing anything with AD.

1690550306681.png

1690550496649.png

I will try the Reset to defaults to see if that will do the trick.

Attachments

• 1690550378773.png
    1690550378773.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 70

sretalla