Active Directory Bug (partial list of group/user in dropdown menu)

burnix

Cadet
Hi Community.

I'm a long term OMV user and i want to migrate to TrueNas. But Truenas doesnt work as i expected.

My version was the 12.0-U7 (no update available)

My major problem is that the connection to AD seems to be ok (wbinfo -g and -u show me all users and groups). But when i want to select groups in smb sharing, i only have partial list (like the 20 first groups in alphabetical order).

In certain forum topic i see that in freenas 11, you can enable AD + LDAP , but in truena you cannot (it's normal ????)

Do someone can help me ?????

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
If you start typing in user / group name it should auto-complete. AD + LDAP directory services cannot be enabled simultaneously. This has been a design characteristic going back to the FreeNAS 9 days IIRC.

burnix

Cadet
If you start typing in user / group name it should auto-complete. AD + LDAP directory services cannot be enabled simultaneously. This has been a design characteristic going back to the FreeNAS 9 days IIRC.
Thanks. That works.
But it's a pity that there is no more explanatory video on youtube about truenas. I'm an IT manager and I think you could gain popularity if there were.
Moreover the connection with active directory works well, which gives you a big advantage over OMV which is, I think, your only competitor at the moment.