Access on share folders from remote server hosting Sonarr and NZBGet

Status
Not open for further replies.

vl33l

Dabbler
Hi folks,

I'm having some issues setting up proper permissions on a share drive for Sonarr and NZBGet.

Some context:

Freenas:
share drive I want to access: /myFreenas/media/

Sonarr
Server OS I'm using: Ubuntu
Ubuntu user account I'm using to lunch Sonarr: i

I did created in FreeNas an account i with the same UserID as the user in Ubuntu, created a Freenas group that will have the different users that will access this /myFreenas/media/ share drive (I do have 3 users accessing it: i + two other users I'm using from different workstations using Windows). I did put i has owner of the /media/ share.
I was not doing this previously and I wasn't able to even select the root folder. Don't really know why so if anyone has an explanation that would be cool :)

When I'm in Sonarr, try to add a serie at the root of /media/ it's working and I got no error message from the interface. However, let's say an existing folder was created by one of the two other users while I was connected on another workstation, and if I try to select a folder created by other users, Sonarr tells me that the user i does not have write permissions.

NZBGet
Same thing here, I have setup the directories but can't see anything written on it. So I guess it's also an issue on permissions but haven't found anything reported by the app.
I have also no idea which user is NZBGet using? I made a cat /etc/passwd but didn't saw any special user that would let me think it's used by NZBGet.

Which leads to my two questions:

- How could I setup permissions in order for Sonarr to have read/write permissions not only on the root /media/ ?
- Same question for NZBGet as I don't see anything written on the directories.

Thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.