A NAS case for non-rack at the moment but possibly rack-mountable in the future?

MrMakuc

Dabbler
I'm looking for a case for my build. Since I don't yet have an actual RACK not know where to place it, I'm looking for something which could be placed into the rack later down the line.

I'm thinking something similar to this: JMCD 12S4 on Aliexpress. I like the design, meaning having the disk shelf below the actual server, hence lower depth, with possibility to rack-mount it later down the line. But 135 EUR for shipping is a bit much, especially since I can't find any reviews about it and hence have no idea if it's actually any good.

I don't want it to be depper than 40 cm, it can be full-rack-width, and not higher than 28 cm (my "shelf" limitation). I also wouldn't mind having a JBOD storage below/above another case containing the actual server hardware, as long as the before-mentioned limitations are respected - and the design of both enclosured isn't too drastically different. The possibility to remove the rack-mounting ears (or however they are called, where the case gets screwed into the rack) when not needed for slightly more pleasing aesthetic before I actually get a rack (I'm talking more than a year, haven't even decided on where to place it yet).

I already gave up on towers with 6x 5.24" bays to mount hot-swappable HDD cages, though if anyone knows of any good options I'd also like to hear (another place I can potentially squeeze them, if they aren't too monstrous).

MrGuvernment

Patron
Where do you live (Country)? And do you think you actually need a rack down the road? you can put almost any tower into a rack using a shelf.

asap2go

Patron
I have a Silverstone Grandia GD08. Works fine in a rack and looks decent enough outside.

MrMakuc

Dabbler
Where do you live (Country)? And do you think you actually need a rack down the road? you can put almost any tower into a rack using a shelf.
How I forgot to put such an important piece of news inside is beyond me... Slovenia in Europe. Normally, Amazon.de is the cheapest option when buying such stuff (due to shipping), but availability on Geizhals would be just fine for a starting point.