9.3-STABLE-201502271818 and some new features

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jkh

[ Note: The original version of this post incorrectly identified the version number - sorry, cut-and-paste-o! It's FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502271818 ]

Hi folks,

In the old days, we probably would have called 9.3-STABLE-201502271818 9.3.1 or even 9.3.2, but since we're now living in a Software Update Train world, it's just a date in GMT. :)

In any case, there are some new features in this build that I'd like to call people's attention to (and let's just pretend 9.3-STABLE-201502270750 never happened, shall we? That was my bad on the zfsd path, sorry).

1. Integrated help. The User Guide is now bundled with FreeNAS, so you can read docs without an Internet connection. Just see the Guide icon in the menu bar to access it. Yes, we've already heard (and anticipated) your requests that it be available in a separate tab, and will be adding a setting shortly to allow folks to have it be either way.

2. Bug reporting. You can now report bugs directly from FreeNAS, using the System->Support UI. The advantage of doing it this way is that you can easily attach your debug info and any screen shots you want to include with your bug report. In the future, it may also give us certain hardware summary information (with your consent of course) that allows us to pinpoint problematic configurations without having to go 9 rounds in the trouble ticket to find that out. Needless to say, you should still look for duplicate tickets before filing one, however - the ticket portal feature is still not smart enough (and may never be smart enough) to figure out that the problem you're reporting has already been reported.

3. Hot spare drive replacement. If you have spare drives in your pool, and a drive fails, FreeNAS will now automatically remove the failed drive and replace it with a spare. This was the feature we didn't quite get right with that first update, but it should work well now.

Cheers,

The FreeNAS Development Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Neite

Cadet
New to the forum. Hello everyone :smile:

Where can I get this latest version?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
1818 is the latest version

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
yes

J

jkh

I only see 1818.
Has it been uploaded yet?
Sorry, I cut-and-pasted from the wrong window! I blame a chronic lack of sleep. FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502271818 is indeed the release I was talking about.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
No worries, we knew what you meant. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.