9.3 LDAP don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

steini

Cadet
Hi all,

I made a clean FreeNAS 9.3 install and configured LDAP in the GUI. The problem : I cannot see any domain users. With freenas-debug -l I could see the LDAP settings are empty. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance
steini

[root@freenas] ~# freenas-debug -l
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+ FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201412142326 +
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Operating system type: FreeBSD
Operating system release: 9.3-RELEASE-p5
Operating system revision: 199506
Kernel version: FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p5 #0 3b4abc3: Sun Dec 14 12:56:11 PST 2014
root@build3.ixsystems.com:/tank/home/jkh/build/93/FN/objs/os-base/amd64/fusion/jkh/93/FN/FreeBSD/src/sys/FREENAS.amd64
Hostname: freenas.msdev.intern.testdomain.de
Name of kernel file booted: /boot/kernel/kernel

+ LDAP Status +
LDAP is ENABLED

Error: no such column: ldap_use_default_domain
+ LDAP Settings +
Hostname:
Base DN:
Bind DN:
Anonymous Bind:
User Suffix:
Group Suffix:
Password Suffix:
Machine Suffix:
SUDO Suffix:
Use Default Domain:
SSL:
Samba Schema:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
See the errror "no such column"? That usually means you have a corrupt config file.

steini

Cadet
Hi cyberjock, thanks for your reply. How can I find the wrong entry in the config file? What ist the right way?

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There is no "wrong entry". That error means fields are missing. This isn't something were you can fill in the missing field and all will be fine. You need to reset your config to defaults and do your setup again from scratch unless you have a good backup copy of your config file.

Status
Not open for further replies.