9.2.1.7 - delete boot environment from GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintermute000

Explorer
Is it possible to delete boot environments from GUI in 9.2.1.7? Been searching high and low.

Reason being I have a 4Gb USB system drive, so I wish to make sure I only have one boot environment (the current one) so I can upgrade OK.
I can live with only having 2 boot environments as I'll just always delete the old one after 'burning in' the new one for a couple of weeks or so.

Or am I just being lazy and should do a fresh install/import the config routine? I'm worried it won't pick up my ZFS partitions / disks and I'll be hosed. Though in theory if I don't change anything I can always boot back into my 9.2 USB and all will be restored?

TBH I don't really want to upgrade... but I don't want to be left too far behind the current release and be one day 'orphaned' lol

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There are no boot environments in pre-9.3. So there's nothing to delete since there are none.

We recommend 8GB minimum for the boot device with 9.3. So I'd keep your 4GB device and buy an 8GB device. Install FreeNAS onto the 8GB device and do a config file upload. If it fails then you can just go back to your old 4GB boot device...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There are no boot environments in pre-9.3. So there's nothing to delete since there are none.

We recommend 8GB minimum for the boot device with 9.3. So I'd keep your 4GB device and buy an 8GB device. Install FreeNAS onto the 8GB device and do a config file upload. If it fails then you can just go back to your old 4GB boot device...
For what it's worth, this is my plan (only I'm moving from 8GB to 16GB). It's always a good idea to keep the old installation handy.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Double post, please disregard.

Last edited:

wintermute000

Explorer
Will config files upload also restore jails and plugins?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.