9.2.1.6 RC AFP Timemachine not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Genton

Contributor
First time poster, long time user/admirer of FreeNAS. I recently built a new 9.2.x box with basic stats:
Core i7 quad core
32GB 1866 Ram (non-ecc)
RaidZ3 on 7x2TB Seagate NAS drives w/128GB SSD Zil

After much testing with afp/cifs/nfs/iscsi on 9.2.1.5 and prior I upgraded to 9.2.1.6RC in attempt at fixing Timemachine to no avail.

Getting error sparsebundle could not be created (error(null)). Under no circumstances in anyway I configure permissions, setup share/dataset as unix or apple or what have you I can always access and see it but can never backup due to above error stated.

I built a VM using same revision code and using same configuration timemachine backups were working with no sparsebundle creation errors so I know my config has been correct at least at times. Concentrating on physical box I am at wits end trying to get a file to be created to allow backup to start for my macs. Only difference I see between working VM and non working phsyical is the VM was a new install, where physical box has been upgraded over and over thru the releases, vm jumped directly to 9.2.1.6 RC fresh.

please help as I have dataset created as apple and using permisions on shares matching new youtube video ix systems just released on the subject.

thanks in advance, enjoying expanding my networking skill set with freenas as a great home and lab tool.

Dave Genton

Contributor
After checking my dataset for being created in type apple, I see again its reverted to windows for some reason and I cannot change it without deleting and recreating the dataset just to watch it revert to another non apple type again ??

D

dlavigne

Please create a ticket at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Dave Genton

Contributor
My time machine is working and resolved by recreating the dataset using unix vs apple.

Dave Genton

Contributor
Bug #5307

Status
Not open for further replies.