9.2.1.2; Amazing performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufalien

Patron
Hi,

Just thought I'd chime in on how stoked I am over my 9.2.1.2 upgrade.

I'm coming from 9.1 and wow, how cool is te upgrade! Our BlueArc Titan 3200 which was spec'd to serve 200K IOPS was a beast and served us at 150K IOPS regularly (according to there web UI), our FreeNAS is not skipping a beat. I have no way to measure IOPS real time but its able to serve w/o issue.

Plus IOPS seems, well kinda of hard to nail down, so subjective etc...

I've 42 Seagate ES.2 with 4xIntel 520 for L2Arc and a pair of 100GB Intel DC3700 for ZIL, 192GB RAM and 2400 series Intel procs (2.4Ghz).

Modest for my env but good enough. Uber stoked on this. Way to go FreeNAS core team and FreeNAS experts like Cyber, etc.. All have aided my endeavors.

Scale out/up black box storage is dead.

diehard

Contributor
That's pretty awesome. Id like to hear more about your system... Is it using iscsi/nfs? Connected to ESXi? Any VM's running on its storage?

aufalien

Patron
Its pure NFS. Still tweaking/tuning. Not settled on ZIL but looks like OWC Enterprise Pro SSD or there PCIe solution which is AHCI compliant (no drivers needed).

I've a few servers and will post final build/config of this one in a few weeks. Next project on my radar (Q3 ish) is FreeNAS servering via AoE/SAN to a few high end graphic work stations. I need FC8 or 10Gb speeds (same encoding spec, similar throughput) so will opt 10Gb/AoE.

Rather, I need 4K@25fps so the disk subsystem is critical here.

Michael M.

Cadet
Interesting. I´m planning for a VDI setup. And you hardware seems to work as expected. It would be great if you give us the detailed hardware list (including mainboard, chipset, controller, cpu, ...) and your zpool/vdev configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.