9-10.2 upgrade fail: Python script errors on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quebecman

Dabbler
So I had a look at the bug tracker and have not found anything relevant to my problem, I think. The first upgrade attempt yielded a non functioning 9-10.2 version.

Second attempt (deleted the first download from the web UI) I managed to reboot into 9-10.2, but then it enters a loop when it goes into Python scripts. Unfortunately I can't locate or figure where to find log files relating to the Python failures, so I can't quote the errors accurately.

I do remember it saying something like ImportError urllib3 and something about too many getty attempts and some problem with ttyv0 which prompted a 30 second pause of the system. It also outlined many lines of Python code before that, meaning to point to multiple errors in the script I imagine. Then it would relaunch into this loop and not end finishing booting up properly.

Perhaps of note: I did have the system perform verification of both installs and that yielded no error.

Reverted to 9-10.1-U4 and had to import the config file since the SMB shares were "nixed" after multiple boot attempts in both versions.

So before I report any bug, perhaps I could be pointed to a potential location for Python script log? Or any suggestion.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sakuru

Guru

Quebecman

Dabbler
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
6GB DDR3 Ram @1066 MHz (non ECC) (3 x 2GB) - less than recommended, I know but good for testing purposes so far, and for the learning curb
Lenovo motherboard (Q45 Intel chipset, Intel PRO Gigabit Ethernet 100/1000)
3 x 1TB WD Red (WD10EFRX)= 1,8TB total data (default config), controlled by the motherboard
2 x 16GB Lexar USB drives

Sakuru

Guru

Quebecman

Dabbler
9-3 and 9-10.1 worked flawlessly. Upgrade from 9-3 to 9-10-1 was flawless as well. Now running 9-10-1 perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.