8.0.4-p1 and the samba vulnerability

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta_zulu

Cadet
URGENT FreeNAS 8.0.4 and earlier may be affected by a critical Samba vulnerability -

Hi Guys,

I just got this version and installed it. (side topic it wasn't too bad for a person who has never used linux) Then found this in the main page:

URGENT
FreeNAS 8.0.4 and earlier may be affected by a critical Samba vulnerability - all users who use CIFS are urged to update.

Can someone please advise what the update is? As the current release I used was FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p1-x86.iso

Thanks

ProtoSD

MVP
Old news, check the announcements (or the README/Release Notes for 8.04-p1). FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p1 is the fix.

delta_zulu

Cadet
thanks for moving my thread :)

Sorry mate i'm a complete noob at this open source stuff, and just getting started in it.

I didn't realise that there was a difference between "FreeNAS 8.0.4 and earlier" and FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p1.

They read as the same thing to me.

J

jpaetzel

Samba has released another release that addresses a critical vulnerability, we'll be pushing out a FreeNAS 8.0.4-RELEASE-p2 to address this very shortly.

I'm just holing up because there are rumors of a FreeBSd security advisory tomorrow, and it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.