2nd SSD NVMe (PCIe M) drive not recognised by truenas scale

vhalbai

Cadet
I am building homelab using truenas scale on my gigabyte Z690I AORUS ULTRA DDR4 (rev. 1.0) motherboard. This mother board has two SSD M.2 slots.

I want to use below slots for
  1. 1 x M.2 connector on the back of the GC-Z690I BTB PLUG (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_CPU) - FOR TRUENAS SCALE OS (boot-pool)
  2. 1 x M.2 connector on the front of GC-Z690I BTB PLUG (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_SB) - FOR TRUENAS APPS install folder
Issue: I see truenas scale installation does not recognise the SSD on "M.2 connector on the back of the GC-Z690I BTB PLUG" and throws error.

Do anybody please share solution for this issue.

Thank you

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
For an educated guess by a member of this forum it would be helpful if you included the full error message. How is anyone to know what "throws error" really means?

Since probably nobody here but you owns that exact mainboard and components, other than that you should check the motherboard manual for any constraints regrding simultaneous use or specific BIOS settings. If that is not helpful, send a support request to the mainboard manufacturer. SCALE is based on Debian Linux, which you should include as information in that email.