21.06 ACL Still not working?

oumpa31

Patron
I just updated my test server to TrueNAS-SCALE-21.06-BETA.1. But before I go make a bug report. I just want to know if ACL permissions are still being worked on. Or is there something I have to input into the shell for them to work? This it the last piece of the puzzle I need working to keep the kids out of my stuff without having to make 10 different groups.
1624409557084.png

j_r0dd

Contributor
I haven’t tested yet in the GUI, but my ACL’s from CORE are still in place fwiw

LouisB

Dabbler
sucessfully migrated my pool from CORE to SCALE
recreated groups, users and SMB shares.
same problem with ACL here.

SpinMop

Cadet
Has anyone found a fix or a workaround for this? Without ACL or being able to change permissions SCALE is effectively a waste to keep installed.

X3n0n

Dabbler
Just add an ACL Entry for "Other" as the error message is asking, it can be with no rights at all but need to be present.

SpinMop

Cadet
It wants all these other entries. Mask, Other, Group Obj, etc. It shouldn't be like this to add ACL permissions. It should just be pick a user, give them the permissions you want, apply. We can't even change the owner and group of selected storage devices.

oumpa31

Patron
Just add an ACL Entry for "Other" as the error message is asking, it can be with no rights at all but need to be present.

When i just change the owner and group and set recursively i get this
1624464606267.png

calc

Cadet
I get different errors on 21.06 depending on how I try to add a group ACL, and haven't found a way that works.

I did find that you have to add a Mask entry before the Group entry, but that still doesn't work as it throws errors about the USER_OBJ, GROUP_OBJ, OTHER not being there even though they are just above the Mask entry.

Note I haven't used CORE previously to using SCALE so I may be doing something wrong, but its far from intuitive even for someone who has used Linux for many years.

Has anyone gotten this to work on a new SCALE install at all?

If so can they explain what steps need to be done to add a new group ACL to a default install?

A screenshot may be helpful to determine what options I missed.