SOLVED 12u6 spontaneous reboot

Maxlink

Cadet
A moment ago my primary system had a spontaneous reboot. I just updated this machine from 12u4 to 12u6. This never happened before.
I tried viewing /var/log/messages but I can only get a hint that the reboot was done by "root". Which I am sure I didnt...

Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this and find out more about what caused this reboot?

Last edited:

Maxlink

Cadet
Extra info:
The update from 12u4 to 12u6 happened the night before. The system had finished installing the update and was ready for production usage again.

/var/log/messages only hint that the reboot was triggered by user root.

I downloaded the debug file from the web interface, but I can't find more info other than user root initiated a reboot. Which I did not. I have no clue where to start search for other causes.

System info:
TrueNAS-12.0-U6
Hardware: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4, 128GB DDR4 ECC, 14x4 TB spinners, 2x 240GB SSD (log) and the whole setup is running one pool for iSCSI usage.

A unintended reboot never occurred, system uptime has always been 100+ days and the system only needed a reboot due to updates.

Last edited:

Maxlink

Cadet
I think this topic may be closed.
The reboot was a one time thing, and it actually start to look like an accidental reboot.
The only thing I could find out was that the reboot happened at the exact moment that I logged in to the GUI as root.

Redcoat

MVP
You (the OP) need to mark it "Solved". The edit button is above your first post on the right hand side.