11.3 Can't access file or web gui over VPN Connection

BigBearTeddy

Cadet
Hi all

I have noticed that since upgrading from 11.2 U7 to 11.3 I can no longer access smb files over VPN nor can i access the Freenas web interface.

In the past this was not a problem with 11.2.

I am running Pfsense with openvpn server,
Though I know this not to be the problem because nothing has changed on the router and all other services are still accessible over VPN, and the problem has only surfaced since moving to 11.3.

I have tried doing a fresh install of FreeNAS 11.3 and still the same problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem since upgrading or fresh install of 11.3?

BigBearTeddy

Cadet
I can 100% confirm that 11.2 works without an issue as i just finished testing this on a fresh install on some old kit, created a windows share with dummy data, hey presto i can access the data and web gui via vpn.

Now because I upgraded my pool when i first upgraded from 11.2 to 11.3 can not go back to 11.2,
Which now leave with no choice but to backup all the data to another location , build a new 11.2 and configure everything and copy the data back.

Anyway I hope someone can fix the issue soon as so that i can skip the new build/copy as i have terabytes of data.

BigBearTeddy

Cadet
Just a quick update as i have been doing some more testing.
It looks like the issue is when you have a Link Aggregation configured, and in my case I do have one configured with lagg protocol LACP.

I can confirm that deleting the Lagg interface the problem goes away and i can access SMB and web GUI over VPN Connection.

It looks like 11.3 has introduced a bug with Link Aggregation, causing a routing issue with access files/web GUI over VPN.

I hope this helps.

BigBearTeddy

Cadet
I can confirm that the recent 11.3 U1 patch has fixed the issue.

I created a new link aggregation and tested connection over vpn, all is working.

Really happy about this.

Thank you all