SOLVED 11.2 - Beta 3 xpt_config error

ajm21

Cadet
Hello,

Please can someone help, I updated the system using the web portal from version 9.10.2-U6 to 11.2-Beta3 and all was working fine until I turned the system off, I turn it back on 3 weeks later and not it will not boot it gets stuck on “run_interrupt_driven_hooks xpt_config”
I have tried running an install to the latest release using cd but it gets stuck at the same point.

I am running the software off a usb stick

It is a HP Micro server with 4 drives raid 0.
If I can not get it going please can you advise how I can get the files off the drives.

D

dlavigne

It is possible that the boot device died. Does a fresh install of 11.2 to a new stick resolve the issue?

ajm21

Cadet
if I do the fresh install to a new stick to I loose the data that is already on the disks, I have not got a raid set up it is just 4 disks and a usb stick

D

dlavigne

No, your boot device is separate from your storage disks.

ajm21

Cadet
I have managed to fix this thanks to the help above, I did the following:-
1) Upgraded the BIOS on the HP Micro server
2) Took a video of the boot up screen as it went to fast to see what was happening, this was very helpfule as I could see an issue with one of the disks
3) Removed the faulty disk and move another one in its place
4) Built the server using the latest stable release after completely formatting the USB drive
5) When setting up the storage pools again I imported them rather then setting up new ones, this was the best bit as the stores all came back with my data :)