11.1 Upgrade UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDM

Explorer
Hello, I applied the 11.1 updates the other day. The UI is really funky. There is no more PLUG IN tab. I had Plex installed under 11.0 but now under Jails there is nothing.

Also, when I go to Check For Updates, a "13" pops up below the Check button? Is there a way to use the old UI cause this seems to me that something is amiss.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to update further since it seems a little hosed up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

RDM

Explorer
Well, when I bring up the web site it's using the new one. I don't get it then? At all.

Edit: ok, it does try to bring it up but it only displays a bad looking page. A few icons on it is all. Something is definitely not right.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Strange. I just upgraded my test machine to 11.1-RELEASE. When I browse to it (directly to its IP address), I get the same login screen I've always gotten, with a link at the bottom of the login window to "Try the Beta UI!" If I click that link, it takes me to the new UI; if I just enter my username (root) and password, I'm in the classic UI.

RDM

Explorer
Here is what I get...I can't catch a break with this Freenas...LOL. I don't even know what to do about this...
upload_2017-12-15_11-54-13.png

RDM

Explorer
No that's it. It does not do anything other than that. I guess I can try a reboot although it did when I applied the updates.

danb35

Hall of Famer
There were issues reported with 11.0-U4 where the GUI wouldn't load completely, but they were supposed to be fixed in 11.1. But what you're seeing there is the old GUI, even if it's only partially loading. The new GUI looks like this:
upload_2017-12-15_12-0-46.jpeg

RDM

Explorer
OK, I guess I'm okay then but it does not seem to work. I don't think updates work. I just hit reboot. It accepts the dialog, I hit ok. Then nothing happened. I don't know.
I was hoping for an update thinking that there would be a fix. Like I said, I don't think its really working right.

upload_2017-12-15_12-4-47.png

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
No that's it. It does not do anything other than that. I guess I can try a reboot although it did when I applied the updates.
I'm still on the 11.0 U4 version and when Chrome does not fully load, try hitting Ctrl +f5. This forces the re-load of the page in most cases.

RDM

Explorer
OK that did it! Seems ok now. I don't really care for the new UI. I'm glad I can still use this one.

Thanks gents! Greatly appreciated!

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm glad I can still use this one.
Be warned that the old GUI is likely to go away in 11.2. There's still work to do on the new one, and the devs are still working on it, but it's planned to be at least the default, and probably the only option, with 11.2.

I-Tech

Dabbler
Here is what I get...I can't catch a break with this Freenas...LOL. I don't even know what to do about this...
View attachment 21851
also had this in IE 11 Win8.1 (don't ask...) and no matter what i did.. clear cache / refresh / restart / etc.. didn't change.
used Chrome and got old UI without any problems.

edit: /ui/dashboard gives me the new ui in both... (cannot seem to find Tasks/CloudSyncs in the new UI.. but that's another story)

Last edited:

RDM

Explorer
LOL crazy...duly noted danb. Hopefully it will be more robust. It's also really slow.

ThreeDee

Guru
the new UI is ..well ... new and shiny and all .. but I sure am partial to the "old" UI .. o_O

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Why is anyone even trying to use Internet Explorer? Use a modern browser, like Edge or Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.