11.1 RC3 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrlsFanatic

Dabbler
I have two questions about this release, and while people have talked about these subjects on here, I have not seen definitive answers to either of these. I'm on Corral and I'm interested in switching from there to 11.1 - not an upgrade, a fresh install. With that in mind:
1) If I'm on 11.1 RC3, can I upgrade to 11.1 stable when it's released?
2) I've seen talk of issues with RC3, but if I'm installing new, are any of them deal-breakers that would prevent proper upgrading later?

gpsguy

WrlsFanatic

Dabbler
At this point, stay on Corral until 11.1 ships.

Another Corral user tried to migrate to 11.1 RC3 yesterday, which resulted in disaster. See - https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...-to-import-existing-volume.59640/#post-422606
Yeah, I saw that, but I was hoping that if I did a fresh install I wouldn't have the same issues. I'm constantly adding files to it and I'm almost to the point that I won't have storage to move everything off so that I can do a fresh install. I thought 11.1 might sneak out two months ago and the date just moves every week. At this point, I only have about two weeks before I'm out of space, which is the reason for my rush.

I'll cross my fingers for an RC4 or RC5.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
How does Corral impact your available storage? I think that adding vdevs worked fine on Corral.

Status
Not open for further replies.