11.0-U3: SSH, NFS and Web servers die after less than an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranded Camel

Explorer
I recently updated from 11.0-U2 to 11.0-U3 and a rather serious problem has cropped up -- after less than an hour of uptime, FreeNAS refuses to make SSH, NFS or webserver connections (they work fine just after bootup). This makes the server completely useless -- they only thing that seems to still be running is the ping response. Even worse, I have to hit the case button to reboot.

So my questions are: (1) how do I fix this, and (2) if I can't, how do I revert to U2?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
(1) how do I fix this
Start by going through the logs to try to figure out what happens. Take a look at the local console, too, to see if it's showing anything interesting.

(2) if I can't, how do I revert to U2?
On boot, choose the -U2 environment, then set it to the default after you've booted.

Stranded Camel

Explorer
Thanks. I've rebooted and selected U2. How do I set it as default, though? I see no suitable option on the menu when connected to a monitor.

Stranded Camel

Explorer
Okay, turns out my mistake was looking in the console menu. For anyone else facing this, once you've booted up into the older version of FN you go to the web interface, then System > Boot, make your current FN version +Active and +Keep, then delete the newer version that's giving you problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.