10gbe can't get above 500mbs read write

freeEdmonton

Cadet
Hello, I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I can't find the solution to my issue. I can't get any faster speeds than the below.

PastedGraphic-3.png

I’ve done all the optimizations listed here.
http://45drives.blogspot.com/2016/05/how-to-tune-nas-for-direct-from-server.html
And here: https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/10gbe-transfer-speed-issue-guide.55139/

I’m editing large video files, R3D files from my 8K camera, I film RAW footage, so the files are huge.
AFP is faster, but I can't use that with Final Cut Pro because of the file structure restrictions.

NFS works, but it's nearly half the speed at 500mbs read / write which isn't useable for Final Cut Pro Video Editing Setup.

I’m running Cat6, computer to computer.

I’m running 64GB on my server, but by these screen shots, the memory seems maxed out.

I installed Freenas on my Nvme drive which has a read write of
Maximum Sequential Reads: 3,200MB/s
Maximum Sequential Writes: 2,200MB/s

The network card I'm running is the Asus AQtion AQC107/XG-C100C
PastedGraphic-1.png
PastedGraphic-2.png

Rand

Guru
You will never get the local max performance out of your drive over network (unless you use tech like RDMA which FN does not support currently).

To help you out you need to provide more info (drive type, pool setup, iperf, freenas local test eg fio results with large file size)...

vemsom

Cadet
The speed you write (could) indicate that you´re running PCIe 2.0 x1 somewhere in the chain. Maybe that could be a clue to find the bottleneck.

sretalla