SOLVED how about ecc detection/correction/reporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diversity

Contributor
Thank you for contributing redcoat. max respect.

It is all about the underlying software, in this case FreeBSD, and whether or not it can detect and thus report on ecc errors. It turns out that freebsd might very well can do so. It is not IXsystems responsibility to make sure that all hardware complies with factors that make FreeBSD os able to detect so.

My point is from a different nature;

When ECC is soo important, and i agree!

Then why not make reporting on that by default?

IXsystems can always inform users that ecc reporting might not be supported on abcd. But believe you me, it is pretty standard now a days.

I just cant wrap my head around that 12 versions later we are still not there. Even windows can do it for a long time already, and that is an unintended insult.

joeschmuck

Old Man
out off topic
Arecibo telescope was on the ground
what/who is the new king ??
cheerss
It's always been on the ground. And yes, this is off topic. VGER 6 is the new king.

diversity

Contributor
Thank you for contributing redcoat. max respect.

It is all about the underlying software, in this case FreeBSD, and whether or not it can detect and thus report on ecc errors. It turns out that freebsd might very well can do so. It is not IXsystems responsibility to make sure that all hardware complies with factors that make FreeBSD os able to detect so.

My point is from a different nature;

When ECC is soo important, and i agree!

Then why not make reporting on that by default?

IXsystems can always inform users that ecc reporting might not be supported on abcd. But believe you me, it is pretty standard now a days.

I just cant wrap my head around that 12 versions later we are still not there. Even windows can do it for a long time already, and that is an unintended insult.
I would like my closing statement to be last please, or at least not snowed over by unrelated stuff (@moderators, why?)

diversity

Contributor
Can I please have the power to close my own topics to new comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.